Light Rail is Coming - Midtown Commons is Ready
For many years, we've heard about light rail - the possibilities and the potential disruptions - for our tenants and our company. When a big project like this comes, you can get involved or bury your head in the sand. We have chosen to get involved in the dialog and give our input into the upcoming project.
Light rail will affect our five buildings at Midtown Commons
2314, 2324, 2334 University, 2300 Myrtle and 700 Raymond.
- The Raymond LRT Station will be built in front of our buildings.
- We don't know the timeline, but it will be built between 2011 and 2014.
- We will lose about 12 on street parking spaces in front of our buildings
- We will be assessed for streetscape improvements - estimated at over $ 30,000
The good news is this:
We're ready for the rail and up to the challenge.
- We have maximized our parking lots and maintained a parking permit system that will help us manage the loss of on street spaces.
- We are continuing to work on purchasing additional property around Midtown Commons because we believe the area around the Raymond Station will continue to grow.
- We are committed to making sure all our tenants will have adequate information when the construction begins. We will have information sessions for our tenants as well as links to Met Council construction information on our website.
- Jack McCann has been working with the University Avenue Business Association to work for business mitigation funds and parking replacement to help the entire avenue.
- Sandy Jacobs has worked with the Raymond Station area plan and the committee planning the artwork for the Raymond Station.