Here's a checklist Update Company has put together to help keep your business safe.
Start the new year right by reviewing your safety program.
- The most common incidents in our buildings are stolen purses and laptop computers. Finding ways to keep these two items secure will be a huge step in preventing theft.
- Employees should have a locked cabinet or drawer for storage of purses/wallets
- Laptop computers should not be left out on desks if the user is out of the office.
- Keys should be kept in a secure spot, never leave your keys in the doorknob while working.
- Keep building doors shut and locked on weekends; do not prop them open.
- Make regular backups of your computer data, and keep one backup offsite.
- Blank checks should be locked up, unopened boxes of checks should be taped shut because often a thief will take checks from the middle of the box.
- Files with bank information, credit card numbers or social security numbers should be secured.
- Have a staff member work facing the door to greet those entering the suite, or at least use your alarm door chime feature to alert you.
- Prepare a lock-up checklist that is followed each night, including locking cabinets, closing and locking windows and setting the alarm.
- If you have an alarm, use it EVERY night!
Update Company wants to help your organization to be successful in 2010! We will also post this checklist on our website under FAQ section http://www.updatecompany.com/